Pages

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Mini Primark beauty haul + first impressions

Hey guys, I hope you're all well.This post will be a small haul of some new products from Primark. I will also be talking about my first impressions with each of the product. I went to Primark and bought some of their newer beauty products and I thought I would write a blog on it for you guys so that you know whats worth getting. I really hope you enjoy this post.

Ultimate Brush Set:

As you can see in the picture this brush set cost £7, which is a really good price for 5 brushes. In the set there is a powder brush, flat top buffing brush, small packer brush, lip brush and an angled eyeliner/eyebrow brush. The powder brush isn't very dense and is fairly soft, it applied my powder products fairly well, also I quite like it for blush as it didn't pick up heaps of product so I can have a lighter application. I don't like the flat top brush as I don't really have a use for it, I did try it with a little foundation and it was VERY streaky. The packer brush I really like for applying shimmery eye shadow to the centre of the lid as it gives a really good colour pay of and high shine from my eye shadows. There's not much to say about a lip brush...it's a lip brush. The small angled brush is lovely I really liked it for filling in my eyebrow with powder. Over all the set is OK I  would recommend it if you are on a budget, not brilliant but not terrible. Not bad for the price. 

Sleek and Smooth Hair Oil:
As you can see this product was £2 which is a bargain. So far I really like this product I applied it as instructed after washing my hair. It didn't leave my hair feeling oily or greasy, my hair felt soft and manageable. My hair is fairly damaged from bleaching and dying it, this smoothed over the ends nicely. I also used this after curling my hair, I scrunched it into the curls which added a nice shine to my hair and softness to my curls. I am looking forward to seeing the long term affects of using this product.

Glitter Obsessed Palette:

This Palette cost £4. This product is "glitter eye creams". As you can see from the picture below there is not heaps of pay off from the glitter. I found that this is quite a nice product if you just want to add a little sparkle to your makeup look. The "cream" aspect of this product is like a jelly/Vaseline kind of formula, it does a good job at sticking the glitter to your skin and it is easily used with little to no mess. However the product doesn't set and stays quite greasy on the lids and will crease unless you lightly set with translucent powder or an eye shadow.

Holler and Glow Illuminating Sheet Mask:

This sheet mask cost £3. I did not like this product at all. The mask itself was made of quite a thick and stiff material so it didn't adhere to my face the way it should, the material was also quite rough and uncomfortable on the skin. The serum in the product cause no irritation but I saw no difference in my skin after using the mask. My skin was left feeling tight, dry and texture on my cheeks was emphasised. Would NOT recommend, you can get much better sheet masks for cheaper.

Camouflage Palette Conceal and Correct :
As you can see this product cost £3. This is a cream colour correcting palette. I used the yellow and peachy shade under my eyes and some of the green along my jaw line and lower cheek. These aren't too pigmented so you don't look like you have patches of colour on your face, they are nice and creamy and blended out well over and under foundation. I am really happy with this product and would definitely recommend.

Primer Water:
This primer water cost £2. So far with using this product I have noticed that my makeup is lasting longer, I use this to prime and set my make up. I was really surprised to find out that this product has a brilliant mister, very fine and gentle. I also really like that this product isn't loaded up with fragrance its got a subtle fragrance but nothing crazy. I will definitely repurchase this in the future. I am really happy with this product.

BONUS POUNDLAND PRODUCTS

DermaV10 Anti Wrinkle Cream:
So clearly this was £1 ...Poundland and all. I don't think I would repurchase this product, the packaging is really good (for £1), but I find the cream itself is slightly irritating on my skin. I have dry skin with mild rosacea on my cheeks and jawline and I found that this cream is uncomfortable and the tiniest bit stingy when it is first applied. It doesn't make my skin flare up or go red or anything like that it is just the stinging sensation with no other side effects. I will probably continue to use this until it is used up as it is actually a nice moisturiser it is just a shame its not very comfortable on my skin. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all, this is how I can tell that it is because of the rosacea and not the product itself.

Argan Oil Hydrating Hair Mask:
I'll let you guess the price of this ;). I have been using this product for years it is brilliant for when I don't have the money to spend on the higher priced hair masks. Of course it doesn't work as well as the pricier ones but it is brilliant for helping keep my hair in good condition for times in between me having other hair mask. I would definitely recommend this for those of you on a budget.


I really hope you enjoyed this haul and my mini product reviews. Let me know if you have tried any of these and what your experiences have been. Also let me know if you have and suggestions for future content I would love to hear your ideas. Thank you for reading it means a lot that you would take the time to read what I've written. I love you all loads.

LET'S BE BEAUTIFUL TOGETHER !!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/JessicaCoulson110/
https://www.patreon.com/Jessicacoulson

No comments:

Post a Comment