Pages

Wednesday 2 August 2017

4 DIY skin and hair care recipes

Hey guys, I hope you're all well. I don't know about you but sometimes I really enjoy mixing up lotions and potions to use instead of buying products. There are many bonuses to heading to the kitchen instead of Boots or Superdrug. The mixtures are natural and depending on the items you use they are organic. Also for my girls if its ...that time of the month, and like me your skin becomes more sensitive and you break out, then these recipes are brilliant for when your skin is feeling delicate.

Lip scrub:
I thought I would kick things off with my plumping lip scrub recipe. I really enjoy this homemade product and I use it most days before applying my makeup, as it is very moisturising, it plumps your lips noticeably and it is as gritty as you choose to make it.

Ingredients:
1tsp Lanolin (a.k.a. nipple cream)
1/2tsp Cinnamon
5 drops Peppermint oil
1/2tsp Granulated sugar (more or less to your liking)

Method:
Are you ready for the complex making of the lip scrub?... Put all the ingredients in a container and mix well. I know...but its easier than it sounds (I'm clearly enjoying myself here).

To use: Use the same as you would any other lip scrub. Apply a small amount to your lips and rub gently in circular motions over your lips. For even more plumping allow the product to sit on your lips for a couple minutes before removing.

Honey&Yogurt face mask
This recipe is amazing for dry skin people. This is also super gentle and calming on the skin which is brilliant because I know that dry skin often goes hand in hand with sensitive skin. This is also brilliant if you have oily or combination skin because this has healing, hydrating, light exfoliation and calming properties. So this is really is good for all skin types in my opinion.

Ingredients:
2tbsp Natural yoghurt
1tsp Honey
1tbsp Oatmeal
2tsp Coconut oil (would not recommend for oily skin)

Method:
This might start to get a little repetitive for you. Mix all ingredients in container. If you are adding coconut oil then melt it before adding to the mix.

To use: Apply an even layer over your skin avoiding the eyes, leave for 15-20 mins and wash face with warm water.

Coffee face scrub mask:
This recipe I use when my skin really needs a pick me up. Due to the caffeine in the coffee this mask has very brightening quality to it. The scrub aspect of this mask offers a very good exfoliation, though might be a bit harsh for those of you with sensitive skin. This really wakes your skin up when its starts to look a bit dull or tired. This will be fine to use for all skin types, but if you do have sensitive skin I would just advise to be gentle when applying to the skin due to the scrub quality.

Ingredients:
2tsp Used coffee grounds
1tbsp Instant coffee (do not use decaf it totally defeats the objective)
1tsp Water
1tsp Coconut oil

Method:
You actually have to more than mix it all on this one, but I have faith you can handle it. Melt the coconut oil and mix with the instant coffee and water until all the coffee has dissolved. Then mix the coffee grounds into the other coffee mix. It still wasn't much to do was it?

To use: Apply to the skin and massage in circular motions, then leave on the skin for 10-15 mins and wash off with warm water.

Egg Hair Mask:
Last but not least is a hair mask. If like me you put your hair through a lot, I'm always dying it and bleaching. I'm sure my hair hates me by now. This mask is brilliant for dry and damaged hair that needs a bit of love. This mask provides some much needed moisture and nourishment as well as the proteins from the egg which will strengthen your hair.

Ingredients:
1 whole egg
1tbsp Coconut oil
1tbsp Olive oil
2tsp honey
150ml Green tea (more or less depending on hair length)

Method:
I'll stop with silliness this time...or will I? (I really am enjoying this far too much) Beat the egg very well, then whisk in the olive oil and coconut oil(remember to melt it) until they emulsify. Then add the honey and the green tea and mix very well.

To use: Apply evenly to all of hair, cover with cling film or a shower cap, leave for 30-60 minutes (or as long as you want) then wash hair well in warm water (not too hot or your hair will contain scrambled eggs).

I really hope you have enjoyed this post, let me know what you thought in the comments below. Will you use these? Do you use DIY products? What do you use? Thank you for reading this if you made it this far. Love you millions.

LET'S BE BEAUTIFUL TOGETHER!!!!

https://www.patreon.com/Jessicacoulson

No comments:

Post a Comment