Pages

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Dermacol Extreme Coverage Foundation Review


Hey guys, I hope you're all well. I will be reviewing the Dermacol full coverage foundation, I am sure you will have seen it all over Youtube. I ordered mine from Ebay and it arrived within a week and cost me £2.89.

Above is a link to the Dermacol cosmetics website. If you want to read the full description and claims of this foundation then go a head and click the link. If like me you are too lazy to do that then I will give a brief summary of what they say. 
 The claims for this foundation are as follows:
-waterproof
-hypoallergenic
-SPF 30
-Suitable for all skin types
-50% pigment
-Extreme full coverage (enough to cover tattoos)

Lets get into it. 
I did my skin care as normal, if you want to know what I used then check out my skin care blog, http://bit.ly/2tZJVOt . I then applied the foundation with a real techniques miracle complexion sponge. The foundation is very thick which is to be expected from a high coverage foundation. I found that it took me a little longer than normal to blend out the foundation, in future when using it I will either add a drop or two of oil or mix it with my normal foundation. The coverage is very good but not as full coverage as I expected, you can still see some of my freckles and redness through the foundation. However I did not apply any concealer as I wanted to see how it would work on its own and it covered my dark circles very well. I found that the foundation does set but it stays quite dewy looking. I used a small amount of translucent powder to set my under eyes and any where I thought it was too shiny. I then applied a jelly blush, liquid bronzer, powder blush and powder highlight over the the foundation and they all applied normally without any issue.

You will see the application and how I applied the rest of my makeup in the video. I will apologise in advance for the water mark on the video, I am trying out a video software and I am yet to purchase it. I have also taken pictures of the make up throughout the day.


After 3 1/2 hours the foundation had started to wear off across my jawline/cheeks. I have fairly dry skin so getting oily or shiny is very rarely an issue for me, it wasn't a problem I had with this foundation, the finish didn't change. My under eyes were looking pretty dry, other than that it was doing well up to this point. I can't complain too much about the foundation wearing off as I am someone who touches my face more than I should, I lean my face on my hands and my 2 year old often grabs my face for kisses (so cute btw).

After 12 hours the foundation had mostly worn off, but there was still coverage on the skin. Again I didn't get shiny and the foundation didn't break down. The rest of my makeup didn't last. The last check in I did for the foundation was at 1:30 am so needless to say I am rather tired looking.
Told you!!

To summarise this review, I do like the foundation and I will be using it again but in the ways I described earlier, with oil or mixed with my other foundation.
Pros:
Good coverage
Nice finish
Didn't need much powder
Good colour match
Make up went over it well
Sat well on the skin

Cons:
Under eyes looked dry
Didn't last as long as I hoped
Didn't blend well
Formula was slightly dry (for my skin type)

I would definitely recommend this foundation. If you have normal to dry skin then I would suggest moisturising well and using with a drop or 2 of oil or using as a coverage boost to another foundation. If you have oily combination skin then I think this foundation will last well on you, just powder lightly where you need to and use a good mattifying primer.

I really hope you have enjoyed this post, I really enjoyed making it. Let me know what you thought in the comments below.
Have you tried this foundation? If yes then what did you think? If no are you going to? Love you millions.

LETS BE BEAUTIFUL TOGETHER!!!!

https://www.patreon.com/Jessicacoulson



No comments:

Post a Comment