Pages

Monday 3 July 2017

Primark Metallic lip kit Review

Well isn't this exciting? My first product review.


The product I am reviewing here is the "Get Lippy Metallic Collection". I bought this lip kit from Primark for £3. The colour I will be looking at today is "Molten Bronze" there is only one other shade in the collection "Molten Lava". In this product you get a Metallic lipstick and a lip liner.

Looking at the packaging for this product you can clearly see that it is inspired by Kylie Cosmetics 
lip kits. Definitely not a copy, but appears to be a similar style product. The packaging contains no directions and I couldn't find any on the Primark website either.

Above is a hand swatch of both the liquid lipstick and the lip liner. Just from the swatch the liner appears to be quite a firm formula and not very pigmented. The liquid lipstick feels very smooth, has good pigmentation and shine.

My lips without any product.

My lips after applying the lip pencil. This is a firm formula and not very creamy. As you can see this pencil isn't very pigmented, but it was comfortable and fairly easy to apply.

When I first applied the liquid lipstick it came off as quite chunky, as you can see in the picture above.

However once applied the product lay smoothly on the lips and had a nice velvety feel. It was a very comfortable formula and not overly drying, which is great for me as my lips are super dry. The colour pay off for this product was lovely and opaque, there was no patchiness at all. The metallic aspect was definitely there, the product had a beautiful sheen. The colour of the lipstick it's self was a beautiful true bronze.

The product dries down very nicely and still feels smooth and soft. After it had dried I applied another thin layer. It layered beautiful, didn't go chunky or dry.

Summary:
Over all I think this is a beautiful product for the price point. I would definitely recommend this product for those of you looking for a budget friendly metallic lip.
Thanks you for reading this review. I hope you enjoyed it, let me know your thoughts in the comments.

LET'S BE BEAUTIFUL TOGETHER!!!

https://www.patreon.com/Jessicacoulson

No comments:

Post a Comment