Pages

Saturday 29 July 2017

My skin care routine

Hey every one I hope you're all well. In this post I will be talking about my skin care routine for morning and night. I have followed this routine for about 2 years now and I can definitely see the difference in my skin. Just for reference I have dry, dehydrated skin so I use products to help with this. I also try to minimise texture, redness, dark circles and generally brighten up my skin. Lets get started shall we?

My morning routine:

1. Foaming cleanser:  I am currently using the "Simple Vital Vitamin Foaming Cleanser". I really like this cleanser as it is very gentle but cleanses very well. I use 2 pumps of the foam and massage into dry skin then remove wish a warm, damp wash cloth.

2. Toner: I am currently using the "Garnier Honer Flower Nourishing Toner". This toner is OK but not the best as it contains alcohol, i am trying to use my up before purchasing another to try. To use this I just apply to a cotton pad and wipe gently over my face and neck.

*Side note: Always bring your skin care products down onto your neck. Your neck needs love too.

3. Mask/Serum: I change up between using a serum and a sheet mask for this step depending on my skins needs and what I  have available. I was using the "Boots Botanics All Bright Serum" until my 2 year old daughter decided the floor needed it more than I did. I am yet to replace it so I have been using the "Innisfree Sheet Masks".

4. Eye cream: At the moment I am using 2 eye products the "Simple Revitalising Eye Roll On" and the "Balance Active Formula Snake Venom Eye Cream". I use the simple product first as it is a much lighter formula and it has a cooling depuffing effect, which is perfect for after you have woken up. Then I use the snake venom eye cream which moisturises and brightens my under eyes.

5. Light moisturiser/ Emulsion : Again it depends on what I have as to what I use. I like to use the "Nivea Men Post Shave Balm". I currently have no products for this step but I will update when I buy a new product.

6. SPF: It is only recently that I have made this an essential part of my routine. I am using the "Cien Sun Cream SPF10" I like this product as it fairly light but quite moisturising for my dry skin. I apply it liberally to my face and neck and rub it in VERY well, I then let it sink into my skin for a few minutes before applying my make up.

That is it for my morning routine, please let me know if you have and product suggestions for me or any products you would like me try out and review. I will be coming out with my daily make up routine very soon. Now on to my night time skin routine.

My Night Routine:

1. Oil Cleanse: This is the first part to my double cleanse. using and oil cleanser will remove the bulk of your make up very easily. I love this step for removing my eye make up as it is very gentle. I go between using coconut oil or sweet almond oil. I will take some of the oil and rub it between my hands the apply to the face and rub my skin gently in circular motions, I do this for 5-10 minutes which provides a facial massage at the same time. I will then remove the oil and make up with a warm, damp wash cloth.

2. Cream cleanser/ cleansing milk: This is my second step in the double cleanse, this step is to cleanse your skin after removing any make up and product on the skin. I am currently using the "Garnier Honey Flower Cleansing Milk" another product I like for this step is the "Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser". I apple a generous amount of the product  and massage in circular motions for around 5 minutes then remove it with a damp warm wash cloth.

3. Toner: This step is the same as in the morning routine I use the "Garnier Honey Flower Toner" and swipe it over the skin using a cotton pad.

4. Mask: For this step I use what ever masks I have that will suit my skin needs. I use a lot of sheet masks but I also use peel of masks, clay masks, mud masks.

5. Serum: The last serum I used was the "Boots Botanics All Bright Serum". I really enjoyed this product my skin was much brighter and smoother. I use a 3-4 drops and pat it into the skin.

6. Light moisturiser/ Emulsion: This step I feel is essential for my skin as it gives a much needed boost of moisture. There are a lot of emulsions that I want to try out I currently use the "Nivea Men Post Shave Balm".

7. Eye Cream: Again this step is just a repeated from my morning routine. I use the "Simple Revitalising Eye Roll On" and the "Balance Active Formula Snake Venom Eye Cream".

8. Moisturiser: Here I use a heavier Moisturiser that would be too heavy for under makeup. I use the "Nivea Daily Essentials Regenerating Night Cream" this provides long lasting moisture for throughout the night.

9. Sleeping mask: I currently use the "Quick Fix Facials Vitamin C Miracle Mask Over Night Glow Boost" I apply a liberal amount of this mask and rub it well into my skin. I always make sure to wash my face well in the morning as using this mask and not washing it off can lead to breakouts.

That is it I hope you enjoyed reading this. Let me know if you have used any of the products and what you thought. Please comment with and suggestions or requests for future posts.

LETS BE BEAUTIFUL TOGETHER!!!

https://www.patreon.com/Jessicacoulson

No comments:

Post a Comment